Friday, November 2, 2012

Since this is my first blog post ever I will start off with a little about myself. I am a 32 year old Stay At Home Mom of twin boys. (It's capitalized because its the hardest job I have ever had and the title demands respect!) I have been married to my husband for 3 years and our boys are 16 months old. We have two dogs (really 1 mini horse and 1 dog) and a cat. I decided to start blogging at the advice of my Aunt who says my stories about my boys are so great that I should keep track of them. Probably a good idea since I can't remember to move the wet clothes to the dryer let alone remember all of the funny things my boys do. Here is a little info on the boys - Connor is the bigger one who looks exactly like my husband who is half Filipino. He is wild and crazy just like I was/am! He loves to laugh and play, but can bully Max a bit. He loves to pet the animals and gives his cousin Mackenzie kisses whenever he can. Maximus is my itty bitty boy, my 10%er who is a sweet cuddle bug. He loves to sit in my lap and always wakes up from nap first to have alone play time without Connor. He is a bitter if you piss him off, but is so cute you forget about it 5 minutes later. He has blue eyes and is whiter than I am. We always joke around that he is Jacob's (the embryologist) son. Anyway, it is 9:20 on a Friday night and I have to get started on my coupons for Harris Teeters super doubles! I will leave you with a gross but funny story from the other night.
           
           During the week I watch my sisters 4 month old daughter and my BFF's two girls. They are 8 and 10 years old. I only watch the girls after school for two hours a day. Well the 8 year old little bugger that she is has a problem with shutting doors. Not sure if it is a phobia or what, but it can cause some problems with two 16 month olds running around. Ok so, all of my daycare kids left for the day and my Mother in law was over for a bit. I was in the kitchen trying to clean what I could while I had someone to keep my boys busy (if you are a Mom you know exactly what I am talking about). Well I guess my MIL thought Connor was being too quite and went to go find him. She found him in my bathroom playing with POOP!!! OMG my worst nightmare, bacteria city! I know for a fact that I hadn't pooped that day (TMI?) and I also know that I would have flushed it, so I deduced it must have been one of the girls. Of course neither wanted to admit it when their mother asked them, I mean seriously who would admit to pooping in a bathroom and leaving it in there? But since one of them doesn't shut doors, I am guessing it was that little bugger. So, when my MIL brought him to me and said that he was playing with poop I washed his hands. Then I sat there and looked at him with his wet shirt and had a freak out moment! Why am I only washing his hands?? I have seen him play in toilets before, it gets everywhere! So I had to give him a bath immediately, and well since the water was running and Connor was naked and ready to get in Max cried to take a bath too. So here is was a non bath night (I totally bathe them every other night, for my sanity) at 5:30 in the evening and I am giving my boys a bath. Of course dinner after that just got them messy again but at least it was noodles and not poop. So morale of the story? Don't assume the doors stay shut after you shut them, triple check the house before you release the hounds from the gated in living room. Night!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete